Picture a table filled with cake. Now double it. Sorry, you still haven’t quite pictured enough. The CommsCamp cake table is the world’s ultimate cake table, to rival all other cake tables. It’s a cake fest.
The cake table has become an important part of CommsCamp. It helps to connect people, to share ideas, to enjoy a great day, and to raise money for charity. All round feel good.
But this fest doesn’t take place without the help of those attending. It needs two teams. Team Cake Baker, or Team Cake Eater.
Team Cake Baker
Your job is to channel your inner Mary Berry and to perfect your show stopper. Or failing that, a dozen fairy cakes would be welcome. Or failing that, pop to the shops and buy something. For anyone who bakes a cake you will be entered into a competition for Star Baker, where you could win the converted CommsCamp15 Star Baker wooden spoon.
Team Cake Eater
Your job is to donate some pennies to charity. To eat some cake. Repeat. Simple. But that’s not all, there’s something extra. Something extra special. Every time you donate some money, take a raffle ticket and you will be entered into a prize draw for some top crap, sorry prizes, from Pound World. Let me hear your game show Oooohhh. You also have a role to play in choosing the winner of the CommsCamp15 Star Baker wooden spoon, so vote wisely.
I’ve been lucky to have been involved in organising the cake table since CommsCamp first started. I’m also a very experienced cake eater, so here’s my top tips for surviving the comms camp cake table:-
- Go to the gym or go for a run every day from now until the 9th July – this will ensure guilt free cake eating.
- If the thought of exercise makes you shudder, you can also get guilt free cake eating by donating pennies to charity every time you scoff a slice of cake, so come with lots of pennies.
- Wear baggy or elasticated clothes – you will need to account for the sudden tummy spread which will occur and a restricted tummy filled with cake is not a happy tummy.
- You will not need any dinner that evening, so don’t bother thinking about it.
- The day after will be a day spent eating entirely savoury products. A sausage roll will be the ante venom to all the sweetness.
- Be prepared to go off cake for a while. After last year’s Comms Camp, I couldn’t face cake again for a month, but this sorry phase in your life will soon pass and a Victoria Sponge will be yours again.
So, see you at the cake table
Official Cake Monitor