Okay, it doesn’t have quite the same ring to it as the Games Makers from the London 2012 Olympics and we don’t have cool foam hands, but we are looking for volunteers to help with some on the day stuff to make sure CommsCamp goes smoothly. And you won’t have to dress head to toe in pink and purple. Which we hope will be a reward in and of itself.
So, here’s a list of what we need help with:
- Greeters at Birmingham New Street and Moor Street stations to help point guests in the right direction. If you *really* want a foam hand, we’ll see what we can do…
How many? Two people at each station
- Check in desk at the venue – signing guests in and handing out name badges etcHow many? Probably two people. You’ll need to be able to get to the venue for about 8.45
- Social Reporters – tweeters, live bloggers, Storifiers, anyone who wants to do some Audioboos or short videosHow many? About four, but if we get more than that, we’ll try to accommodate everyone.
- Cake bakers – yes really. Cake makes everything better!How many? No limit, you can never have enough cake…
- Social secretary – for those who are local or staying overnight, it would be great to get together for a pre-event meal and drinks on the Monday evening.How many? Just one – you’ll need to know Birmingham quite well to sort out venues…
- Ad hoc volunteers – we may need a few spare bods to help run around during the dayHow many – four to five
- And one random request – do we have any budding DJs out there or anyone else with a massive music collection who’d like play some tunes in the morning and at lunch to get us all in the mood…we’d love to hear from you!
Leave a comment below and let us know what role you’d like or drop us an email.Image used under Creative Commons from Steve Bowbrick